Thursday, May 6, 2021
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Language: Cantonese (粵語)
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Language: English (英文)
Hosted Virtually on Zoom
RSVP to Purni Rahman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-274-6987 by May 5.
請於五月五日前報名，請電郵prahman@shn.ca 與聯絡Purni Rahman 或致電647-274-6987 報名
Please note that there are two sessions on the same day in two different languages.
Please indicate your language preference when registering for the seminar.
This session will cover the importance of Wills, POAs, information for heirs and charities, and pitfalls of not planning your Will. You will learn:
- What is a Will and why do you need one?
- What is Probate (Application to Appoint an Estate Trustee with/without a Will)?
- Who should be your Executor?
- Who are your beneficiaries?
- What happens if you die without a Will?
- Can you write your own Will?
- What are Powers of Attorney and why do you need them?
- - 甚麼是遺囑及為何需要遺囑
Shirley Yee, Barrister and Solicitor, is the principal of Shirley Yee Professional Corporation, a multi-service law firm with five lawyers providing services in Cantonese, Mandarin and Toi Shan dialects. Ms. Yee has been practicing law for over 34 years with emphasis on Wills and Estates, Real Estate and Business and Corporate Law. Ms. Yee graduated from the University of Waterloo in 1981 and Osgoode Hall Law school in 1985; she was called to the Bar of Ontario in 1987. She has given many Wills and Estates seminars in her own easy-to-understand and informative manner.